Women’s health care goes beyond obstetrics. Sentara Obici’s Women’s Center cares for women who need inpatient care for a variety of gynecological disorders and other medical problems.
- Pelvic floor program
Our maternity center is located on the third floor of the hospital and features 10 private delivery rooms and 12 postpartum rooms with ample space for a support person to spend the night.
Maternity Center Highlights
- 24-hour coverage by board-certified pediatricians and anesthesiologists
- Recipient of 2016 Patient's Choice Award for Customer Service
- Private labor, delivery and recovery rooms
- Certified lactation specialists available five days a week
- Infant security system to ensure safety for all of our newborns
- Ample space for dad or a support person to spend the night
Arriving for Your Delivery
If you arrive at the hospital between the hours of 6 a.m. and 8:30 p.m., please enter through the visitor's entrance and take the elevator to the third floor.
If you arrive after 8:30 p.m. or before 6 a.m., please enter through the Emergency Department.
Once you have arrived, you will register with the front desk and then be sent to a triage area to assess your labor symptoms.
Once you are admitted to the hospital for a vaginal delivery, you will be given a private labor and delivery room. If you have a scheduled c-section, you will start in the triage room for preparation then go to the operating room for delivery. When your baby is born, you will move to a postpartum room where your newborn will stay with you.
Visitors are welcome 30 minutes after delivery.
An OB navigator is a specially trained nurse who is available to you as a guide and advocate during your journey through pregnancy, labor and delivery. She is there to support you with timely information to help you make informed decision about your personal health.
Here are several ways she can assist you:
- Help you communicate with health professionals (doctors, nurses and other health workers) and community-based support services
- Coordinate services to support you and your baby
- Provide emotional support on your journey to parenthood
- Offer educational resources and answer your questions