Location: 1020 First Colonial Rd, Suite B, Virginia Beach, VA 23454
The Sentara Center for Behavioral Health offers two intensive outpatient programs that provide comprehensive treatment for those experiencing significant mental health and substance use distress. The Intensive Outpatient Program and Partial Hospitalization Program are designed as either preventative to hospitalization or a transitional program after an inpatient stay to reduce symptom distress and improve overall coping ability in the community. Both programs include group therapy, psychiatric evaluation, medication management/monitoring and weekly individual sessions. We utilize evidenced-based practices such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Motivational Interviewing to help our patients achieve their goals. The length of stay is determined based on each patient's needs and treatment plan. Comprehensive discharge planning is provided to ensure continuity of care upon program completion.
Intensive Outpatient Program
Our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) focuses primarily on substance use and co-occurring disorders, providing a non-judgmental and supportive group-based therapy for patients to develop strategies for healthier living. IOP meets three days a week (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday) from 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Partial Hospitalization Program
Our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) focuses on mental health and co-occurring disorders, allowing patients to receive the attentive, stabilizing group-based therapy they need between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Patients may wish to enroll in our program directly from their current hospital setting and use our PHP as a means of a safe, stable transition back into a regular routine.
We are located near Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital, at 1020 First Colonial Rd., Suite B, Virginia Beach, VA 23454. If you would like more information or to enroll in one of our outpatient programs, please get in touch with us at 757-395-1405.
Location: Fourth floor
You're in good hands when you're at Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital. Our psychiatrist-led team of registered nurses, social workers, recreational therapists and other healthcare professionals are here to help and serve 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We provide next-level care and intervention designed to evaluate, diagnose, stabilize and connect you to additional community services.
Our behavioral health resources include:
- Inpatient behavioral health center for patients and families who feel a situation has escalated beyond outpatient care
- 24 beds in a hotel-like environment, with 16 private and 8 semi-private – all designed with safety and comfort in mind
- A holistic approach with individual, cognitive behavioral therapy and group sessions based on each patient's needs
- Licensed professionals to provide medical detoxification
- Experts trained in geriatric behavioral health issues, including depression and cognitive-function decline
- Coordinated care so that our patients receive follow-up treatment with the most appropriate resources
Some common conditions we provide support and treatment for include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Postpartum depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Substance use disorders
- Suicidal ideation