Location: First floor, main hospital building; emergency entrance on the eastside
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital stands prepared 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to provide emergency and trauma care. Board-certified physicians and surgeons are immediately available to assist you.
You will receive fast, appropriate and lifesaving care thanks to our commitment to excellence, investment in advanced technology and the principles we follow. We offer:
- The region's only rated Level III trauma center, providing immediate, comprehensive and skilled medical and nursing care to seriously injured patients
- Expert staff trained through the advanced trauma life support course sponsored by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
- Dedicated nurses who have completed the trauma nursing core course sponsored by the Emergency Nurses Association
Please bring the following when you visit us
- A photo ID
- List of your current medications
- Proof of insurance if you have it
Find a Provider Near You
Meet our experts to learn more about how we care for you or your loved one.