Virginia Beach Ambulatory Surgery Center: 757-496-6400
Surgical waiting room: 757-395-8490
Medical/surgical unit (4 West): 757-395-1135
Location: Please use our patient entrance to the right of our main, front entrance.
At Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital, we earn your trust. Our highly experienced and skilled surgeons listen to you - asking about your condition, the concerns you have and the outcomes you desire. From minor procedures and minimally invasive treatments to open surgery and recovery, we use the most appropriate technology and techniques.
When you're ready, our surgeons team with you to ensure you are well-informed and well cared for -- before, during and after your surgery. We want what you want: Minimal downtime and a fast return to your favorite activities.
We can assist you with:
Complex General Surgery
When helping a patient with a condition involving more than one organ or a tumor previously thought to be inoperable, we turn to advanced technology. Our resources include:
- Argon beam coagulation
- Cavitron ultrasonic surgical aspirator (CUSA)
- Radiofrequency ablation
Thanks to these technologies and others, our patients benefit from:
- Accurate diagnoses
- Precise tumor excision sparing non-cancerous tissue
- Reduced blood loss
- Shorter surgery time
- Easier recovery
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Minimally invasive surgery is patient friendly because it decreases your recovery time, lessens post-operative pain and reduces scarring. Our minimally invasive services include:
- General surgery (gallbladder, colon resection and hernia)
- Gynecology surgery (supra-cervical hysterectomies)
- Urology surgery (nephrectomies and prostatectomies)
- Select spine surgery
Our team of surgeons are regional leaders in brain, spine and nerve surgery. We offer extensive experience with the latest intraoperative technology, advanced surgical techniques and complex cases. Whether you suffer from chronic pain, a tumor, a traumatic injury or deformity, we develop a treatment plan tailored to you.
Our Virginia Beach Ambulatory Surgery Center provides state-of-the-art outpatient surgery in a variety of specialties, including:
- Ear, nose and throat
- General surgery
- Plastic surgery
We are proud to offer two of the most advanced technologies in surgical care:
- The da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System: With da Vinci, our surgeons have increased vision, precision and control during complex surgeries. They perform procedures with tiny incisions, instead of larger ones needed in open surgeries. Smaller incisions mean you heal faster.
- MAKOplasty®: Our surgeons turn to MAKOplasty for partial knee resurfacing, total knee replacement and total hip replacement. It allows for a high degree of precision during resurfacing and replacement positioning, giving our patients the best outcomes possible.
We look forward to helping you feel better and seeing you return to your everyday activities.
LEARN MORE ABOUT SENTARA SURGERY SERVICES AND PREPARING FOR YOUR PROCEDURE.