Last updated March 2023
General visiting hours are 11 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Intensive Care and Cardiac Care units: Please ask your nurse for specific hours on your unit.
- All visitors are required to stop at reception, share a photo ID along with their destination, and receive a photo visitor badge.
- Visitors are encouraged to wear a mask and observe social distancing guidelines while inside a Sentara facility.
- Visitors will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath). their hands or use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting patient room.
- Please read the additional safety guidelines if visiting a COVID-19 patient or patient suspected of having COVID-19.
Visitation Policy for COVID-19 patients and PUI of COVID:
- COVID-19 positive and PUI patients will be limited to one (1) designated visitor until the patient is no longer in isolation.
- This includes Labor & Delivery/Family Maternity Center COVID-19 positive patients. Doulas are not included in the visitor count.