- You must have video and audio capabilities to engage in a video visit with a provider. You can utilize a smart phone, tablet, or computer.
- If using a smart phone or tablet, use the Sentara app. If you are using the computer, log in to MyChart from Sentara.com. Download the Sentara app
- Before joining the video visit, you must complete eCheck-In. eCheck-In is virtual registration and can be completed 7 days prior to your scheduled appointment.
To complete eCheck-In, navigate to the appointment in MyChart and select Start eCheck-in
eCheck-in will ask you to verify your personal information, contacts, and insurance, pay your co-pay, review and sign your consent, verify allergies and medications, update your pharmacy, add or update any health issues, and complete the pre-visit questionnaire which includes optional submission of your blood pressure, height, and weight.
- We recommend joining your video visit 15 minutes prior to the appointment time so you have plenty of time to troubleshoot any connection issues. Please refer to the Troubleshooting section if you are unable to connect.
- It is imperative that you are in a safe location to participate in a video visit. Please do not be in a public location, in a car, or driving at the time of your visit. This will result in the appointment being rescheduled.
Sentara providers use Epic Native Video Client to connect to video visits. The video will launch in a web browser. Please turn off pop-up blockers and allow access to the camera and microphone.