Sentara Diabetes services provide individual counseling for adults with diabetes and education specialists including nurses, registered dietitians or other allied health professionals, in order to assist you in learning how to manage your diabetes.
Our Goal as Part of Your Diabetes Support Team:
- Provide diabetes services that equip people living with diabetes to take charge of their health.
- Empower those who are at risk of developing diabetes and their loved ones with the tools and information needed to manage their risk factors and improve their overall health.
- Offer community resources for social support.
Sentara Diabetes Services:
- Diabetes Prevention Program
The Sentara Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) provides resources and support to help you lose weight, become more physically active and reduce stress. Putting these behavior changes into action can lead to success. This program is offered at no cost.
- Diabetes and Nutrition Support
Sentara offers diabetes education and individual appointments for our patients. Working together, we can help you or your loved one make smart choices when managing diabetes.
- Classes, Outpatient Services, Self-Management Education and Support Groups
Both individual sessions and group diabetes classes are offered at many Sentara sites as a supplement to regular visits with your primary care provider. A provider referral is required.
Learn more about Sentara Diabetes services in your community.
- Online Resources
You can manage your diabetes condition with the help of online resources and support as guided by your diabetes care and education specialist.