We understand that this is your pregnancy, and your experience. We are truly honored to be a part of this special time. Our caring and dedicated medical team works with you to develop a specialized birthing plan, designed to meet the unique needs of you and your baby.
What We Offer
- Highly skilled, board-certified physicians
- Comprehensive breastfeeding education and support with certified lactation specialists
- State-of-the-art family maternity suites designed for the comfort and safety of mom and baby
- Prenatal and postnatal classes and support groups
- Multi-disciplinary approach to high-risk pregnancy care
- Advanced neonatal intensive care units with dedicated specialists in newborn care
As a Sentara patient, you have a streamlined connection to advanced levels of care should the need arise:
- A 48-bed Special Care Nursery equipped with state-of-the-art medical technology and staffed around the clock by board-certified neonatologists (specialists in newborn care) to care for our sickest babies at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- Perinatal intensive care unit for high-risk patients and complicated births at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- Multi-disciplinary approach to high-risk pregnancy care through partnerships with Eastern Virginia Medical School and Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters, facilitating convenient, accessible, high-quality care
- The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division at EVMS offers several specialist programs for high-risk pregnancy management
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters is only down the hall from delivery rooms at SNGH, allowing convenient access to their neonatal intensive care unit
- 14-bed neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), providing specialized care in partnership with Children’s National Health System neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners, at Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center
Learn more about our maternity centers.