Foot and Ankle Program
Many injuries and conditions improve with non-surgical treatments. We work closely with you to determine the best treatment to reduce pain and inflammation and decide on next steps.
Your individual plan may include:
- Braces and orthotics: Medical devices such as braces and orthotics can offer support, lessen pain, promote correct biomechanics and protect you from further injury.
- Cortisone injections: With strategic placement, cortisone injections can decrease inflammation and reduce pain at the site for weeks or months.
- Medications: In some cases, medication can effectively relieve your pain and allow you to complete tasks as you did before you experienced symptoms.
- Physical therapy: Our physical therapists use specialized training and expertise to help heal injuries and lessen physical limitations. We use tools and machines designed to evaluate and strengthen your body so that you can move more comfortably and confidently.
Teaming with your surgeon and his or her support staff, you can decide together on the procedure that will most improve your condition and ease the road to recovery. Some of your options include:
- Achilles and tendon injury early weight-bearing surgery: Surgeons often see patients experience less swelling and faster healing with early weight-bearing surgery, allowing them to fully recover faster.
- Ankle joint replacement and reconstruction with early weight-bearing surgery: Getting back on your feet after surgery can be easier than imagined if you're able to bear weight on your ankle relatively quickly, instead of maneuvering for a prolonged period with a cast or a boot. With this surgery, our goal is to help you return to your normal life and fun activities as soon as possible.
- Bunions and hammertoe immediate weight-bearing surgeries: Whenever possible and medically appropriate, we work with you so that you can choose a surgery that will allow you to immediately bear weight on your feet and get back to enjoying life more quickly.
- Cartilage regeneration surgery: Our surgeons perform this type of surgery, which nurtures the body to repair itself along with technology, to improve functionality and mobility.
- Diabetic charcot reconstruction and limb salvage: If bones deteriorate in your foot to the point that non-evasive treatments and devices no longer help you, our surgeons can realign and fuse your damaged bones so that your foot can once again function properly.
- Foot and ankle reconstruction: Whether you face a concern due to trauma, a birth defect or an illness, our surgeons can restore function for you by correcting the anatomy of your foot and stitching or replacing affected ligaments.
We believe that the more you know, the more comfortable you'll feel with your health care. We understand education empowers you to play an active role in your health and can help you return to your favorite activities as soon as possible. Our support services couple individual guidance and specialized therapy you can rely on:
- Orthopedic patient navigator: We connect you with a dedicated orthopedic patient navigator to answer your questions, address your concerns and coordinate your care. Your orthopedic patient navigator works closely with you to assist with surgical plans and arrange physical therapy sessions. We ensure that you're confident and informed every step of the way.
- Physical therapy: Our team of experienced physical therapists is committed to helping you heal as quickly as possible after surgery. Focusing on balance, strength and flexibility, we customize every therapy plan to make reaching your goals possible