Types of Gynecologic Cancers
Gynecologic cancer refers to any cancer that starts in a women’s reproductive organ or pelvis from the growth and spread of abnormal cells. Gynecologic cancers refer to different types of cancers. Each type has different signs, symptoms, risk factors and treatment options.
- Cervical cancer - Begins in the lower part of the uterus, the cervix
- Ovarian cancer - Begins in the ovaries, which are located on either side of the uterus
- Uterine cancer - Begins in the uterus, which is located in the pelvis
- Vaginal cancer - Begins in the vagina, the hollow, tube-like channel between the bottom of the uterus and the outside of the body
- Vulvar cancer - Begins in the vulva, located at the opening of the vagina to include the inner and outer lips, clitoris and glands