Education and Support
To create the best outcome after joint replacement surgery, the Sentara OrthoJoint Center® combines the expertise of a dedicated orthopedic team with the individual needs of the patient and their family. Team members at Sentara OrthoJoint Center® locations have been hand-picked for their positive attitudes, motivational skills and desire to provide outstanding service. The staff has been specially trained to provide comprehensive clinical care for patients undergoing joint replacement surgery.
- Patients are guided by an orthopedic patient navigator to serve as their primary contact to guide them as they plan for, undergo and recover from joint replacement surgery. The orthopedic patient navigator offers patient education and is available to answer questions before or after surgery, helping patients feel better prepared before surgery and comfortable once they depart the center.
Surgery through the Sentara OrthoJoint Center® includes the following:
- An informative preoperative joint replacement workshop for patients and family.
- Presentations to help explain the specific joint replacement surgery.
- A comprehensive guidebook for joint replacement surgery.
- Special training for your "coach" - a family member or friend you choose to help with your recovery.
Occasional seminars on the most common causes and the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. Call 1-800-SENTARA for the time and location of the next seminar.
Watch a video on what to expect during your stay at a Sentara OrthoJoint Center®.