Wounds that don't heal are concerning. The specialists at Sentara offer expert personalized care to help with wound recovery.
Why Choose Sentara?
When something disrupts the wound healing process, risk of infection and other complications grows. Experts in the wound healing program at Sentara develop customized treatments that stimulate healing. Highlights include:
- Collaborative care: Our experienced wound healing specialists work with your doctor to create the treatment plan that's right for your needs.
- Wound care expertise: Healing wounds is our primary focus. Our highly trained therapists use leading-edge therapies to promote recovery.
- Local care: We offer wound care services in Sentara Wound Healing Centers throughout Virginia and eastern North Carolina. Find the treatment you need in your community.
Conditions We Treat
Wounds develop in many different ways. Some wounds are complications of chronic conditions like diabetes or poor circulation. Wounds also result from:
- Bone infections (osteomyelitis)
- Foot and leg ulcers
- Incisions that open after surgery
- Pressure ulcers (bed sores)
- Radiation sores after cancer treatment
- Traumatic injury
Benefits of Wound Care
Specialized care helps heal chronic wounds and prevent complications. Promoting proper healing also protects against infection and minimizes scarring.
Request an Appointment
Learn more at Sentara Wound Healing Centers. Visit our locations.