At Sentara, we know the care of the spirit cannot be separated from the care of the body. We honor your unique spirit, your physical and emotional needs and your values and beliefs. We are committed to respecting all of these things because we care.
Sentara chaplains encourage spiritual health through compassionate care every day.
Focusing on what matters most to you, our board-certified chaplains offer interfaith emotional and spiritual care for people of diverse religions and faith, and those who find meaning in other ways.
You can expect our chaplains to:
- Support and advocate for your beliefs and values
- Be with you and your family when faced with difficult decisions, pain, grief, or unexpected changes
- Listen without judgment and offer compassion when you are worried or upset
- Provide support by helping you access your faith and/or inner strength to explore hope, courage, and resiliency for the future
We invite you to learn more about our teams and reach out to us using the links below.
Spiritual care at our hospitals:
- Sentara Albemarle Medical Center (Elizabeth City, NC)
- Sentara CarePlex Hospital (Hampton, VA)
- Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital (South Boston, VA)
- Sentara Leigh Hospital (Norfolk, VA)
- Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital (Charlottseville, VA)
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital (Norfolk, VA)
- Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center (Woodbridge, VA)
- Sentara Obici Hospital (Suffolk, VA)
- Sentara Princess Anne Hospital (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Sentara RMH Medical Center (Harrisonburg, VA)
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center (Williamsburg, VA)
Spiritual care is also provided through Sentara hospice services.
Learn more about the Sentara School of Clinical Pastoral Education.