Katherine A. Johnson
Katherine A. Johnson, PhD, MBA, RN is president of Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center, a 183-bed, not-for-profit hospital in Prince William County, Va. Mrs. Johnson has been at Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center since June 2016. During her tenure, the facility has received Accreditation as Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery and has grown to include value added services for the community such as hyperbaric medicine, expansion of the Sentara Heart and Vascular Center, introduction of outpatient therapy services, Neurosurgery, Palliative Care, and extension of the Sentara Cancer Network in Northern Virginia.
Prior to joining Sentara, Johnson spent eight years as President of Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center in Thomasville, NC. Her career also included serving as a Chief Nursing Officer and Vice President for Patient Care Services for Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC, and Vice President of Patient Care Services for Frye Regional Medical Center in Hickory, NC. Other experiences include serving as a Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, Clinical Nursing Supervisor, and nurse.
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American Hospital Association
- Virginia Hospital Association
- American Organization of Nursing Executives
- AONE CEO Task Force
- Northern Virginia Hospital Association
- Prince William Chamber of Commerce – Board Member and Chairman-Elect Nominee/Secretary
- Leadership Prince William – Board Member
- Potomac Place – Board Member
- Graduate – Leadership Prince William
- State University of New York at Buffalo – BS in Nursing/ MS in Adult Health Nursing/Nursing Administration
- University of South Carolina – MBA
- Kennedy-Western University – PhD in Healthcare Administration