Mary Blunt, P.T., M.H.A., FACHE is a Senior Corporate Vice President for Sentara Healthcare responsible for the strategic and operational oversight of the Hampton Roads region to include, Sentara Leigh Hospital, Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital, Sentara Princess Anne Hospital and Sentara Albemarle Medical Center (North Carolina). In addition, she has responsibility for Sentara Hampton Roads post-acute service including seven nursing homes, two assisted living facilities and Pace programs. Her current responsibilities also include supply management for the system. Prior to assuming this role she served as the Corporate Vice President for the Peninsula region and President of Sentara Norfolk General Hospital (the regions only level one trauma center).
Before joining Sentara in 1987, Ms. Blunt served as a physical therapist for 10 years at several locations throughout the Chicago area. During her tenure with Sentara, she has served in various roles including Vice President of Operations at several hospitals, President of Sentara Life Care (post-acute division) and President of Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
Current Professional Affiliations
- American Hospital Association Committee on Nominations
- Women United Board of Directors
- MSN Board of Directors
- Women United Global Leadership Council
- Washington University School of Medicine (St. Louis, Missouri) – MHA Health Administration
- University of Illinois Medical Center (Chicago, Illinois) – Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy
- Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, Illinois) – AS Physical Therapy