2017 Sentara Hospice Symposium
By Invitation Only and No Registration Fee, Seats are limited
Nurse providers of Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Infectious Disease, Pulmonology, Endocrinology, Oncology, Assisted Living Facilities, and Skilled Nursing Facilities.
At the conclusion of this activity, learners will be able to:
- Identify the differences between Supportive Care, Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Describe the five general guidelines for clinical progression of disease, and list three common prognostication factors.
- Demonstrate challenges for patients, families, and healthcare providers in accessing Hospice and Palliative Care.
Course Director & Faculty
- Parag Bharadwaj, M.D., FAAHPM
Chief of Palliative Care Medicine, Sentara Medical Group
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
- 5:45 – 6:30 p.m. Welcome, Cocktails and Dinner
- 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Keynote Speaker and Presentation
- 7:30 – 8:00 p.m. Panel Discussion
Kiln Creek Golf Club & Resort
1003 Brick Kiln Blvd
Newport News, VA 23602
For questions, contact:
Grace Little, Sentara Home Care Services
757-553-3121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ANCC and the Virginia Board of Nursing accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME for your CNE contact hour requirements for recertification or re-licensure.
Sentara Healthcare is accredited by the Medical Society of Virginia (MSV) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Sentara Healthcare designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Virginia Board of Medicine
Physicians may claim up to 1.50 in Type 1 or Type 2 CME on the Virginia Board of Medicine Continued Competency and Assessment Form required for the renewal of an active medical license.