Keep stress down during holiday travel
The holiday season is all about joy and goodwill toward others, but it can also be the season of heavy traffic and bustling crowds.
To get you through all those post-holiday trips to the mall and the long drive back from Grandma’s house, here are a few helpful tips to make sure your holiday is full of cheer.
Handling Heavy Traffic
- Plan to leave early and allow extra travel time to get to your destination.
- If you simply can’t tolerate traffic, travel during off hours when traffic is likely to be lighter – such as the early morning. Or, plan a longer route that will have far less traffic.
- Slow down – rushing in traffic often makes no difference at all.
- Make a commitment to being extra patient.
Navigating a Busy Parking Lot
- Accept the likelihood that the lot will be crowded, so plan extra time for parking.
- Park farther away – you may have to walk a little bit, but you will spend less time looking for the perfect parking spot and have more time for family fun and shopping. Also, a few extra steps will burn off those cookies and sweets.
A Good Reminder
- The holiday season only comes once a year, so enjoy this special time of year.
- ‘Tis the season for making happy memories with your loved ones, so take a moment to reflect and breathe.
- You can control your reactions – so, help ensure that it’s a fun, positive and memorable experience for all!