Why Choose Sentara
At Sentara, we understand that this is your pregnancy and your experience. We are truly honored to be a part of this special time. Our caring and dedicated medical team works with you to meet the unique needs of you and your baby.
We designed our delivery and baby care spaces with parents and babies in mind. With all private rooms located just steps away from our main entrance, we combine convenient access and comfortable surroundings with quality medical care.
What We Offer:
- Private labor and delivery rooms designed for the comfort and safety of mom and baby.
- Family-centered care, using a relationship-based model that encourages patient and family participation in decision making, placing their needs at the center of care.
- Highly skilled physicians and nurses who are dedicated to providing quality maternity care.
- 24/7 anesthesia and neonatal in-house coverage, including a seamless transfer process for our patients who need a higher level of care.
- 14-bed neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), providing specialized care in partnership with Children’s National Health System neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners.
- “Skin to Skin” contact, if desired, for at least the first hour of life to help calm the newborn, aid in regulating body temperature, facilitate breastfeeding and promote bonding.
- Comprehensive breastfeeding education and support from both clinical staff and board-certified lactation consultants. (Ongoing support is provided through our breastfeeding support group.)
- Prenatal prep classes to help you prepare for your delivery and caring for your new baby.
- State-of-the-art infant security system for the safety of your newborn.
- Care coordination provided with discharge to help you transition to home with a post discharge follow-up phone call by a lactation consultant for our breastfeeding mothers.