At Sentara, we believe that informed patients are critical to successful health care. Patients who are informed about their conditions, treatments and options are better able to understand and communicate their needs for care. This allows our specialists to partner with patients to efficiently diagnose and develop a unique healthcare management plan of treatment.
Below is a list of national organizations and associations to use as resources. They provide broad access to information and a national network of individuals who have experienced similar effects of neurological disorders and conditions.
- National Stroke Association
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association
- Brain Injury Association of Virginia
- National Sleep Foundation
- Epilepsy Foundation of America
- National Parkinson’s Foundation
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- National Cancer Institute
- American Brain Tumor Association
- Alzheimer’s Association