Are you under a doctor’s care for a medical condition that may affect your diet? Are you confused by all the conflicting information on nutrition and diet?
At Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center, our registered dieticians can guide you with personalized nutrition counseling.
Nutrition counseling services:
- Alzheimer’s disease: Let us suggest ways you can help a loved one meet his or her special nutritional needs.
- Cancer: Cancer and its treatment can lead to malnutrition and undesirable weight loss. Making changes in your diet can help ensure you get the nutrients that you need.
- Chronic kidney disease: Chronic Renal Failure requires balancing the amounts of protein and minerals in your diet.
- Food allergies: We can suggest appropriate substitutions to ensure you enjoy an adequately nutritious diet.
- Gastrointestinal problems: Diet modifications can help you manage certain GI problems, (such as diverticulitis, celiac disease, ulcers, hiatal hernias, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- General nutrition and wellness: Allow us to help you develop a manageable diet and feel confident about your nutritional intake.
- Heart disease: Changing your diet can improve cardiac disease and related symptoms, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and excess weight.
- Individual nutrition care plans: We can show you how to tailor your menu for people with chronic illnesses or other special needs.
- Maternal nutrition: Learn to manage nutrition during pregnancy in order to meet both you and your baby's dietary requirements.
- Meal planning: Learn to plan nutritious menus for an individual, couple or an entire family.
- Pediatric nutrition: We’ll help get your little ones started on good eating habits by discussing nutrition with them in ways they understand.
- Personalized diet planning: We design a personalized diet that is easy for you to follow by considering your likes and dislikes, food allergies and your lifestyle.
- Sports nutrition
- Weight management: We can help you set personal goals for better eating habits and weight management.