About Sports Medicine
Sports medicine refers to the branch of medicine that deals with illnesses or injuries resulting from participation in sports, athletic activities or any type of exercise. Knee, leg, back, shoulder and hand injuries, as well as joint pain and stiffness are a few of the common disorders treated. Whether you are a competitive athlete, a weekend warrior or a member of the local walking club, you may benefit from sports medicine services.
What is Sports Medicine? It Depends!
For the High School Athlete:
- Reaching athletic potential
- Preventing injury
- Fast return to a sport after an injury
- Scholarship potential
For the Mature Athlete:
- Staying active in a desired sport
- Maintaining an active lifestyle
- Avoiding injury
- Balancing sports level goals with limitations
- Balancing sports with overall wellness