Our Experts

Pelvic floor disorders are diagnosed and treated in various ways depending on your type of disorder.

You and your physician will collaborate on the best next steps for you. If you need a primary care physician or specialist, find one now. Your care team could include any of the following experts:

Urogynecologist: A physician who specializes in the treatment of conditions that affect the female pelvic organs and the muscles and connective tissue that support the organs.

Urologist: A physician who specializes in diseases of the urinary and reproductive organs in females and the urinary organs in males.

Gynecologist: A physician who specializes in the medical care of women and their reproductive system and issues of the female pelvic organs.

Gastroenterologist: A physician who specializes in management of diseases affecting the gastrointestinal tract and liver.

Radiologist: A physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries using imaging techniques, such as X-rays, CTs, MRI, ultrasound and defecography.

Colorectal Surgeon: Surgeons who specialize in colorectal surgery.

Physical Therapist: Physical therapy specialists who are experts in the evaluation and treatment of pelvic floor disorders.

Nurse Navigator: A specially trained clinical nurse specialist who supports patients through the complexities of the healthcare system, educates about the disease process and treatments, answers questions and coordinates care through all phases of treatment.