President, Sentara Albemarle Medical Center
Teresa C. Watson, MHA, is the President of Sentara Albemarle Medical Center (SAMC) in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. Sentara Albemarle Medical Center is a 182-bed hospital that serves seven counties in Northeastern North Carolina. Teresa joined SAMC in August 2023, bringing 36 years of health care experience to this role.
Teresa is responsible for implementing strategic initiatives, providing leadership to hospital and outpatient facilities' staff and ensuring the operational and financial success of the medical center.
Prior to her role at SAMC, Teresa served as President/Facility Executive at Atrium Health Lincoln in Lincolnton, NC. She also served in various operational roles with Atrium Health including Vice President of Operations for Atrium Health Lincoln, Assistant Vice President and Practice Administrator, and Director of Primary Care for the Carolinas Physician Network. While at Atrium Health, Teresa led construction management including planning, leading facility readiness, and move management for a $92 million replacement hospital and medical office building in addition to decommissioning of the former location. She served as the Diversity and Inclusion Chair for Atrium Health's Western market and was a member of the community impact team, responsible for identifying opportunities within the community to further the mission of the system.
Current Professional Affiliations
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Elizabeth City Area Chamber of Commerce, Ex-Officio Board Member
- Elizabeth City - Pasquotank County Economic Development Commission - Ex-Officio Board Member
- University of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC) - Master of Health Administration
- Appalachian State University (Boone, NC) - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration