Healthy Habits Healthy You is a diabetes and heart disease prevention program.
Take steps to prevent diabetes and heart disease by making healthy food choices, losing a small amount of weight and moving more every day. Find ways to keep calm during your day to lower your stress.
This information is intended for individuals who are 18 years and older only and those living in the Sentara/Optima Health service areas.
- Make Healthy Food Choices
- Make half of your plate vegetables and fruits.
- Choose 100 percent whole grains like whole wheat bread, oats and brown rice.
- Cut back on high-fat foods like whole milk, cheeses and fried foods.
- Try grilled chicken or salads at fast food restaurants instead of a cheeseburger or pizza.
- Learn more about healthy eating from the Eating for Life program.