Last updated March 2023
Sentara Princess Anne Hospital has an open visitation policy. However, at times, visiting hours may be adapted according to the patient’s specific circumstances and healthcare needs. Visitors are asked to cooperate with staff to optimize patient care and safety.
ICU visitors must be at least 12 years old.
- All visitors are required to stop at reception, share a photo ID along with their destination, and receive a photo visitor badge.
- Visitors are encouraged to wear a mask and observe social distancing guidelines while inside a Sentara facility.
- Visitors will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Please read the additional safety guidelines if visiting a COVID-19 patient or patient suspected of having COVID-19.
Visitation Policy for COVID-19 patients and PUI of COVID:
- COVID-19 positive and PUI patients will be limited to one (1) designated visitor until the patient is no longer in isolation.
- This includes Labor & Delivery/Family Maternity Center COVID-19 positive patients. Doulas are not included in the visitor count.
Visitation Policy for Labor & Delivery/ Family Maternity Center:
- Labor and Delivery: Welcoming up to three (3) visitors at a time. Doulas are not included in the visitor count.
- Mom/Baby: Recommend up to three (3) visitors at a time, siblings under the age of 12 welcome to visit with supervising adult.
- Family Maternity Center is continuing to focus on patient safety and may need to adjust visitation as appropriate