Nutrition as Medicine
November 13, 2018
Sentara Heart & Vascular was proud to host the Nutrition as Medicine event. This integrative nutrition conference featuring keynotes from five medically distinguished thought-leaders on nutrition and health:
- Dr. Dean Ornish
- Dr. Neal Barnard
- Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr.
- Dr. William Li
- Dr. T. Colin Campbell
Sentara recognizes many widespread chronic diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, and obesity, can often be linked to our diets. A whole food, plant-based lifestyle can help us manage and even reverse a number of those diseases.
Each expert speaker shared insights about nutrition to help attendees take control of his/her life through what they eat. Through this educational event, we want to empower the community, and improve the health and happiness of our neighbors.
Here are videos of each presentation. We hope you enjoy these speakers and please share with any friends or family members whom you feel could benefit from this information.
- Welcome & an Introduction to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Ornish Lifestyle Medicine with Dean Ornish, M.D.
- "Our Stories" with Ornish Lifestyle Medicine Alumni
- Diabetes Reversal and Weight-loss with Neal Barnard, M.D.
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease with Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., M.D.
- The Science of How the Body Heals Itself with William Li, M.D.
- Nutrition: A Lost Medical Specialty with T. Colin Campbell, PhD
To learn more about the Ornish Lifestyle Medicine program at Sentara, visit: www.sentara.com/ornish