The Infusion Center at Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center was designed with the patients’ needs in mind. It offers a convenient location where patients can receive chemotherapy treatments in a safe, comfortable environment.
The Infusion Center is located on the first floor of the hospital near the main entrance. Patients receive their infusion in a cozy recliner and may watch movies, listen to music, read and most importantly, relax.
Scope of Infusion Services
The Outpatient Infusion Center offers a variety of therapy services, including:
Infusion and Injection Therapies:
- Administration of Erthropoiesis and Granulocyte Stimulating and Anticoagulant agents (Epogen, Procrit, Neupogen and Lovenox)
- Antibiotic therapy
- Biotherapy administration (Remicaide, Rituxan, and Orencia)
- Hydration Therapy
- Immune Globulin administration (IVIG and Cytogam)
- Intravenous Bisphosphonates (Boniva and Reclast)
- Iron therapy
- Transfusions of blood and/or blood products
- Subcutaneous or intramuscular injections
Central Line Maintenance:
- Central Venous Lines
- PICC Lines
- PICC Ports
- Lab Draws
- Therapeutic Phlebotomy
The center also offers assessment, evaluation and educational materials to prepare patients for infusion therapy. Our team is committed to working with your primary physician, oncologist/hematologist, and other specialist to coordinate your care. Please note that a physician order is required. We have established insurance pre-authorization guidelines for Infusion Center patients.
A Highly Skilled Staff
The Outpatient Infusion Center staff is comprised of experienced Registered Nurses who work closely with referring physicians, case management and pharmacists to form a skilled team to provide excellent patient care.
Registered Nurses can provide education about medications and treatments.
- Appointments are available 7 days/week and must be pre-scheduled.
- Physician offices may submit to: Concierge Services Fax: 855-348-4477855-348-4477
- On your first appointment, enter at the hospital Main Entrance and proceed to Registration. Please bring your identification and insurance card.
- Subsequent appointments are scheduled through the Outpatient Infusion Center staff.
- One family member or visitor is encouraged to remain with you during your treatment. We request that children under the age of 12 not be in the treatment area.
Outpatient Infusion Center
Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center 2300 Optiz Boulevard, Woodbridge, VA 22191
To schedule an appointment, please call the Outpatient Infusion Center at 703-523-0640703-523-0640. Open 7 days a week by appointment only.