Last updated March 1, 2022
At Sentara, the safety of our team members and patients is our highest priority. We have returned to our normal visitation policy at all Sentara facilities EXCEPT for patients who are COVID-19 positive or patients under investigation (PUI) of COVID-19.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask and observe social distancing guidelines while inside a Sentara facility, regardless of vaccination status. If they do not have a mask, a mask will be provided.
- Visitors will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Visitors will be required to always keep their mask on and must stay in the patient’s room. No food or drink is allowed into the clinical area.
- Visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting patient room.
- Please read the additional safety guidelines if visiting a COVID-19 patient or patient suspected of having COVID-19.
The front doors will be locked from 7 p.m. - 7 a.m., all visitors between those hours will need to enter through the Emergency Department.
Visitation Policy for COVID-19 patients and PUI of COVID:
- COVID-19 positive and PUI patients will be limited to one (1) designated visitor until the patient is no longer in isolation.
- This includes Labor & Delivery/Family Maternity Center COVID-19 positive patients. Doulas are not included in the visitor count.