Through 2020, a campus expansion will elevate Sentara Norfolk General Hospital to a higher standard in meeting the needs and expectations of our community as a state-of-the-art destination medical center for the next 30 years.
Highlights of the project include:
- Adding three floors to the River Pavilion and Kaufman wings
- Increasing size and updating patient rooms
- Modernizing vintage 1986 operating rooms to technologically advanced operating suites
- Expanding emergency department and intensive care unit (ICU) capacity
- Increasing women’s health space with a state-of-the-art special care nursery
- Remaining on the forefront of executing on Norfolk’s resilience strategy