Our Sentara mobile mammography van travels to sites throughout Virginia and North Carolina, making mammography appointments fast and convenient.
The mobile unit is designed for comfort, with private dressing rooms, central air/heating and a platform step for safer entry.
For more information or to schedule a mobile mammography visit, please call:
- Hampton Roads and North Carolina: 757-736-0040
- Harrisonburg: 540-689-6000 option 2
- Northern Virginia: 703-523-1560
If you are over the age of 40, a physician's referral is not required for an annual screening mammogram. You will, however, be asked to provide your primary care physician's contact information.
Insurance is billed for patients who have coverage. Care is provided to patients who are uninsured on a prorated basis.
If any of the following apply to you, please make your mammogram appointment at a facility and not a van:
- A serious breast problem, such as a lump, thickening, bloody discharge from the nipple, recent inverted nipple, "orange peel" texture to the skin, redness or discoloration of the breast, or any other recent changes
- Under the age of 35
- Personal history of breast cancer
- First mammogram after breast biopsy, surgery or reconstruction
- Follow-up mammogram less than 12 months after your most recent normal mammogram