The Sentara Health Research Center provides state-of-the-art technology and facilities for our sponsors, principal investigators and other participating physicians.
We offer a range of specialized equipment which includes:
- Minus 20 degrees to minus 80 degree freezers
- Refrigerated centrifuges
- Research pharmacy
- Refrigerated medication storage
Sentara Healthcare is one system with many doors which includes:
- More than 300 sites of care
- 12 hospitals including Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers
- Four medical groups with more than 1,300 physicians and advanced practice clinicians
- Advanced imaging and diagnostic centers
- More than 120 outpatient care centers
Our assets also include an extensive database of more than seven million highly secure patient records to conduct health outcomes research. By analyzing medical records of large populations over time, researchers can learn more about how diseases progress and what effect treatments have on them.