The Sentara Health Research Center offers a cohesive, centralized approach under our skilled medical executive director and experienced, specialized staff. The center supports and administers all sponsored research for Sentara Healthcare. With oversight for research administration through standard operating procedures, we ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations for all grant proposals and sponsor contract submissions.
We expertly guide our sponsors by managing:
- Billing and insurance
- Contract negotiations and budgeting
- Develop subcontract agreements
- System approval for all confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements
- Prepare master agreements and pricing arrangements
- Assist with budget preparation and development of cost proposals for all sponsored research opportunities
- Review and approve all contractual agreements related to sponsored research
- Oversee post-award invoicing for all trials
- Maintain database for all active trials
- Facilitate administrative close-out of all completed sponsored research projects
- Provide specialty dedicated research nurses and coordinators
Because Sentara serves a diverse population - rich in ethnicities, rural, urban, suburban, and military - Sentara Health Research Center attracts leading industry sponsors and physicians looking to advance health technology, treatments and research.