Brian K. Zwoyer DNP, RN, NE-BC is the President of Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital, a 192-bed acute care facility located in South Central Virginia. Brian joined Sentara in September 2019 when he stared as the Vice President of Patient Care Services/Chief Nurse Executive. He was appointed to the Interim President role in December 2019 and assumed the permanent role in April 2020.
Prior to joining Sentara Brian, spent 11 years at the University of Virginia Health System where he held several roles including Director of Inpatient Surgical Services and Emergency Department, and manager for several inpatient units including Digestive Health, General Surgery, Urology, and Transplant. Brian moved to Virginia in 2008 from New Mexico where he spent 10 years working at the University of New Mexico Hospital. Prior beginning his healthcare career, Brian spent seven years in the United States Army.
- Old Dominion University – Doctorate of Nursing practice in Executive Leadership
- University of Phoenix – Master of Science, Nursing
- University of Phoenix- BS in Nursing
- American Organization of Nurse Executives
- American Nurses Association