Now Open – Family Maternity Center
The Family Maternity Center at Sentara CarePlex Hospital features seven labor & delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRP) suites which allow each mother and baby, as well as a spouse, partner or family member, to remain in the mother's private room from the onset of labor until time to go home, with everything they need for a safe and comfortable delivery.
Sentara is the only health system on the Peninsula to offer LDRP suites.
The Family Maternity Center is located on the second floor away from the everyday flow of the hospital to provide a peaceful, comforting environment for mother and baby alike.
The Center features:
- Ample space and sleeping accommodations for spouse, partner or a family member to spend the night
- A nursery, which can be utilized if needed by the new parents
- Innovative technology in each suite to keep parents and babies safe and comfortable
- Educational classes for families before, during and after pregnancy
- Two triage beds
- A dedicated C-Section operating room
- Accommodations for doulas
We will offer a variety of classes, support groups, and tours to educate and support new and expecting mothers as well as their families, including growth and development; infant care; breastfeeding support; first-time parenting classes for expectant fathers, spouses and partners; maternity center tours.
Find more information about healthy pregnancy and delivery from Sentara Maternity Services.