(Applications will become available in MARCH, 2023)
The Junior Volunteer Program will run from mid June - August. Applications will be available in February. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application or pick one up at the Information desk. Please note that Applications must be received by April 15th and completed applications must be mailed in or hand delivered to the Volunteer office. Incomplete applications will be removed from consideration.
Sentara recognizes the importance of volunteering for the professional and social development of youth. We believe the time, dedication, and collaboration with our junior volunteers provides teens with invaluable experience and leadership skills.
- The first step is to complete a junior volunteer application, which will be available February.
- Selected applicants for the program will be contacted for an interview.
- All volunteers accepted into the program will be provided more information regarding employee health requirements and orientation.
- This is a competitive program. Please make sure your contact information is accurate and your application is complete.
Commitment, Assignments, and Service
The volunteer is committed to work his or her scheduled shift for at least six of the seven weeks. Junior volunteers provide an invaluable service to the hospital while gaining experience and responsibility in a professional setting. Junior volunteers are placed in a variety of areas throughout the hospital, including: lobbies, nursing units, surgery departments, gift shop, Retreat Café, Pharmacy, offices, and outpatient areas
Rewards of Volunteerism
- Personal development
- Contributing to the community
- Learning to work with peers and adults
- Gain experience in health care
Earning volunteer hours necessary for colleges and scholarships