When you need round-the-clock care to help you recover, count on the specialists at Sentara. Our inpatient rehabilitation team offers personalized support and treatment to help you focus on healing.
Inpatient Rehabilitation: Why Choose Sentara?
We're with you every step of the way after an injury or illness. Our team of specialists manages all aspects of your care and recovery in a setting dedicated to your healing. We offer:
- Team-based care: Our physical and occupational therapists, doctors and nurses work together to provide care that’s right for your unique needs.
- Demonstrated expertise: Our specialists have experience in caring for people with serious injuries or illnesses.
- Convenience and comfort: We provide therapy services in three inpatient centers within our community hospitals. Locations include:
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
Our specialists provide inpatient therapy in a comfortable setting. We offer:
Our specialists work as a team to develop a custom care plan tailored for you. We provide therapy services to help you build strength and functional skills. Services include:
- Bowel and bladder training
- Fall-prevention therapy
- Gait training (help with walking and moving)
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Pain management
- Speech and swallowing therapy
- Wheelchair evaluation
We also offer training for families on how to keep loved ones safe and comfortable at home. We help you rebuild the skills you need for daily living, including returning to the community.
We provide intensive therapy designed to help you heal after a serious injury or illness. You can expect about three hours of therapy each day, five or six days per week.
Subacute inpatient rehab
If your injury or condition doesn't require intensive therapy, but you still need inpatient care, our experts may recommend subacute care. Depending on your needs and ability to take part in therapy, you may have fewer sessions and more rest between sessions.
Specialty therapy equipment
Complete your physical therapy in our on-site gym. Our facilities feature specialized equipment to help you build strength and daily living skills.
Conditions We Treat With Inpatient Rehab
We offer comprehensive care after an injury or illness that makes independent living a challenge. We treat cognitive, emotional and physical impairments after:
If you can live at home and have transportation, we offer outpatient therapy throughout Virginia and eastern North Carolina. You can expect two to three outpatient therapy sessions each week.
Meet Our Experts
Request an Appointment
Learn more about our locations and schedule an appointment at a Sentara Therapy Center near you.