At the beginning of your third trimester, we encourage you to pre-admit your hospital stay. This ensures your information is in our system before your special day arrives.
Pre-Register for Your Birth
Pre-registering makes it easy for you to check things off your baby prep to-do list, which helps keep you focused on you and baby, not the paperwork!
When you pre-register, you will have full access to your Sentara MyChart account which will allow you to do the following:
• Communicate to our staff what your birth preferences are in advance. These preferences can be changed at anytime up to and throughout your birthing journey.
• See lab and test results from any Sentara facility.
• Get education and support from your nursing staff, as well as message your provider.
• Pay bills online.
Note: If you have a planned Cesarean already scheduled, you will not need to pre-register.
Things to Know
- We recommend pre-registering before your 35th week of pregnancy.
- Even if you have pre-registered, please remember to bring your photo ID and insurance card when you arrive at the hospital.
- Each time you arrive for care at any Sentara facility, we will need to ask you certain required questions.
How Do I Pre-Register?
For New Patients or Patients without a MyChart Account:
- Go to sentara.com/MyChart or download the Sentara MyChart App.
- Find the MyHealth MyChart form on the homepage and click “Create Account.” If your Sentara provider gave you an activation code, enter it, or you can sign up without a code.
- Once you sign into your Sentara MyChart account, click Menu, then Register for My Delivery.
For Patients With a MyChart Account:
- Go to sentara.com or open the Sentara MyChart App.
- Enter your username and password into MyHealth MyChart form on the homepage and click the “Sign In” button.
- Click Menu, then Register for My Delivery.
At the Hospital
If you pre-admit at the hospital, please bring the following:
- Your health insurance card or forms
- Photo identification
During the pre-admission process at the hospital or your doctor’s office, we’ll provide you with more details and answer any questions you have about your hospital stay.